Sunday, December 21, 2014

Cookies - part one

The NYTimes had an article on Thanksgiving recipes that represented each state. The one from Iowa was for Thanksgiving cookies that were from a community cookbook, “Treasured Recipes Old and New 1975” by the Schuyler-Brown Homemakers Extension in Iowa Falls. I focused on it because I had recently bought some Medjool dates. Unfortunately, I didn't have a pound because we'd had some with cheese and nuts for dessert. I added some dried apricots I had. Still not a pound. So I added some dried cherries I had. The point here is that this recipe is pretty forgiving and an easy way to use up any dried fruit you have accumulating in your pantry.


I didn't quite get the yield they mentioned and I wasn't quite happy with the appearance. I think I would roll them and slightly flatten the next time so they are more consistent in size and shape.


But, we did a drive-by drop off with a friend and she liked the cookies so much she did her first selfie because she thought they were so good!


Next up, Christmas cookies!

1 comment: